Financial Services Workshop
Type of Project:
Design Thinking Workshop
Co-facilitate a custom 2-day design thinking workshop involving real end-users.
Note: Due to existing NDA, the name of this company must remain anonymous.
A financial services company hired our team to facilitate a custom two-day design thinking workshop in order to accomplish the following three objectives:
- educate as much of the company as possible on design thinking methodologies and facilitation techniques
- refine persona artifacts and collaboratively map the user experience by while working with real end-users
- gather data and prepare facilitators for upcoming workshopping and roadmapping initiatives
The agenda incorporated the following artifacts and activities:
- empathy mapping
- journey mapping
- structured ideation
- to-be vignettes / storyboarding
- Involving end-users in mapping initiatives enabled teams to avoid overly relying on assumptions or bias.
- Clearly identifying key personnel for each workshopping activity allowed the organization to use time efficiently, keeping end-users there only as needed, and enabling a community of practice to take more time to learn facilitation without slowing down the workshop activities for everyone else.
- Allowing two-days for the workshop enabled team members who were more novice to learn the methodology and still allowed enough time for storyboarding and facilitation tips.
- Some team members may feel tempted to multi-task in order to stay on track if the workshop spans multiple days.